Ceiling Track hoist friendly pod (static or HiLo, single or double bed size, three wall height sizes)
Our pods can now be used with ceiling track hoists, whether you need a HiLo function, castors or fixed we can produce a non-medical looking bed made to your exact requirements.
Make the inside of your pod anti-bac for LIFE. A must if smearing is problem this lacquer makes keeping the pod stain and smell free so much easier.
ALL our pods are CUSTOM made to meet the needs of the individual.
The bed opposite was made for a young man with temperature sensitive epilepsy. Working with his OT we made his bed with as much netting as possible, zips had pullers on both sides to allow easy access for both him and his parents, holes were cut in the base board to allow wiring for an epilepsy monitor.
Due to frequent vomiting the inside was coated with Anti-bac lacquer and finally the narrow wall was made with a side that rolled up so he could sleep with a door open but still in safety if he wanted to to use a floor standing fan in summer.
How Safe & Sound Pods Can Help
How Safe & Sound Pods Can Help
|PRODUCT||INTERNAL SIZE||BUILT IN PLINTH WITH 3 HEIGHT SETTINGS||AVAILABLE WITH HILO FEATURE||HIGH OR LOW SIDE||CUSTOM MADE SIDES TO SUIT ROOM||NETTING ROOF OPTION|
|MINI||UK Single Bed||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes, on high side only|
|MIDI||UK Double Bed||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes, on high side only|
|MAXI||2m x 2m||Yes||No||No||Yes||Yes|
|CUSTOM SIZE||Any size upto 2m x 2m||Yes||Depends on the size||Depends on the size||Yes||Yes, on high side only|
|TRAVEL POD||UK Single Bed||No||No||No||Please Ask Us||Built in|
Choice of Pods Supports
Safe & Sound Pods can be fitted with Standard feet that can be screwed to the floor to comply with DFG grants, or fitted with castors to aid cleaning and increase flexibility.
Compare our range of products with the competition:
|FEATURE||SAFE & SOUND||COMPETITOR 1||COMPETITOR 2|
|Cost||Buy director from the manufacturer|
|Custom-made to meet your needs||We tailor make to suit the room, user needs and the style|
|Built in height adjustable plinth||3 height settings as standard|
|No safety gap required||The corners ensure the pod is the right distance from the wall|
|Easy to remove fabric||Fabric is easy to remove for maintenance and cleaning|
|Easy to move to new address||Design for self-assembly|
|Internal space is square||Can be used with standard mattresses|
|Easy clean fabric and NO Velcro||We use maintenance free magnets|
|Cost of delivery and fitting||From £200 from for local addresses|
|Can be converted to HiLo||All our mini and midi pods can be supplied or converted to HiLo|
|Aesthetics can be changed||The look of all our pods can be dramatically changed at a low cost by swapping the corner covers|
|Zip out netting roof||Complies with minimum restrictions and allows access to light fittings, loft hatches, etc|
|Ongoing cost of ownership||Due to its easy self assemble construction we use couriers to collect and deliver the fabric. This means repairs are fast and affordable|
|Optional extras||- Zip in netting roof|
- Waterproof seams
- Anti pick treatment on stitching
- Super tough window fabric
- Full range of mattresses
- O2/Feed tube holes
Why buy from us?
- Experience: you may not have heard of us, but behind the scenes we have been designing and manufacturing these products for more than 16 years.
- Problem solving: We design and manufacture everything on site, problem solving and customising to the individual is what we do best.
- Pricing: Deal direct with the manufacturer and get a very competitive deal.
- Service: Ask any of our customers. We go the extra mile to make sure your happy.
- Design: Our skills encompass engineering, textile design and industrial sewing. We believe in simple, long lasting designs that look attractive and desirable .
- Ethics: The last thing anyone wants is an expensive white elephant. These products can provide life changing help in the right situation, please use our expertise to help you decide if our products will work in your application. We will never try to sell you a product that we believe is not suitable.
Obtaining funding in the current climate is no easy matter. The information below may help you obtain funding.
DFG or EQUIPMENT GRANT:
We have designed the Safe and Sound pods to fit into the two main categories of funding. All our pods are fitted with feet that can be left free standing making it fall into the equipment category, or alternatively they can be fixed to the floor making it fall into the adaptation DFG grant category.
Need support for your meeting with the Panel? Sara Rodway OT was so impressed by the results she got after loaning two of our travels pod to twin autistic six year olds, that she wrote a case study to help her application for funding for two permanent versions. Good news is the panel were so impressed that they agreed to fund one (a first for that area). Sara has very kindly let us have a copy of this report to help others obtain funding. Please see the resource section below
Newlife www.newlifecharity.co.uk one of the best funders we know.
- Cerebra www.cerebra.org.uk
- Elifar www.elifarfoundation.org.uk
- Lifeline 4 Kids www.lifeline4kids.org
- Caudwell Children www.caudwellchildren.com
- Children Today www.childrentoday.org.uk
Most charity funders will require an application form to be completed by both the family and a healthcare professional. Some grants are means tested others are not most of them will require the following information:-
- Methods you have tried before looking at our equipment ( behaviour modification, stable doors etc)
- Evidence that council funding is not available.
- A pro-forma Invoice for our equipment.
With careful selection our products can make a big difference to users and their families (carers). We design our products to be flexible in the amount of restriction they provide.
Under the mental heath act we are advised that the minimum amount of restriction must be used to keep that individual safe.
To comply with the guidelines we offer the following features:-
1) Both Mini and Midi models are available with both low and high sides.
2) Netting roofs are available as an optional extra (not built in) on all high sided models accept travel pod. They can be fitted at time of purchase or added at a later date if required.
3) We employ a special feature on the zips to give the carer control over the level of restriction used on the door zips, please see the Pod feature video below for more details. NO locks or clips are used.
4) The most important issue with restriction is to ensure that the staff or parent using the equipment fully understands the correct way to use it. Please phone us to discuss how to ensure the equipment is used within the law.
If your familiar with our products and it’s been fitted into straight forward room we can normally do an assessment by phone with a room plan being completed by the family or healthcare professional. If however your not sure and the users needs are complex or the room is difficult to measure we will do our best to do a home visit within a reasonable period of time dependent on your distance from OL14 5RF.
We also do demonstrations at monthly meetings and in schools where several parents can see and test the reaction of the intended user. Please phone us to discuss.
To generate a quotation we will require the following information:
- Details of the intended user: Age, approximate weight,list of habits such as smearing, picking, climbing, challenging behaviour, biting.
- Any other equipment to be used with the Pod such as hoist, feeding tubes, oxygen tubes etc
- Details of the carer or parent: Will the users right to minimum restriction be respected and will the equipment be used in the correct way to ensure a long trouble free life?
- Simple room plan showing room size, ceiling height and position of doors and windows.
- Type of pod required, small bed sized or large as possible to suit the room size.
Independent case study by Sara Rodway OT , this may help you with the funding panel: Sara Rodway case study
Guidelines for safe use of pods : SAFE AND SOUND pods
Print out our product comparison sheet: comparison with other safe enviroments
Extra brochure aimed at OTs : NEW OT LEAFLET
See the full range of videos on our Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCk3c2US1hJIVutcTHDogWAQ
Charitable Funding For Safe & Sound Pods
Sadly council funding is all but none existent for special needs travel beds. However please see our list of charity funders who have been great at helping people to purchase these.
Standard Travel in a range of different designs:- £1765.70
Stability Kit to prevent tipping in cases of challenging behaviour:- £153.00
50mm Foam mattress to enable use of normal bedding :- £65.00
Please note the fabric used in our travel pods is designed for light weight and compactness it is not wipe clean and will reqiure cleaning in a bath or jet washing from time to time. For extended use in homes we can offer a full custom made fabric (wipe cleanable) in addition or in place of the travel version. These can be produced in a range of fabrics and designs to best suit the user, please ask for details.
Still not sure? Then read the independent product reviews at :-
Choose your colours: Main walls should be low sensory to aid sleep.
Safe & Sound Mini, Midi, Maxi, Custom & Travel & NEW Hi-Lo feature
Strong steel and aluminium frame with wipe clean PVC textile that’s been designed for tool-less quick and easy self-assembly.
Side walls customised to your needs and the layout of the room. Sketch a plan view of the room, and we will advise you on what is possible. Generally we can provide extra access doors and zip out soft windows to enable access to the room’s windows, or viewing panels to enable wall mounted TVs to be seen, and much more.
1.4m and 2m wall heights (Maxi in 2m only). Low wall heights are only suitable for people that have limited mobility and cannot climb. High walls are ideal for more mobile people and can, if required be fitted with a detachable netting roof. Both low and high walls are capable of withstanding kicking, pushing, biting and general rough handling.
Built in plywood floor with either 75mm Foam floor (Midi, Maxi) or 125mm Mattress on the Mini.
Detachable padded corner covers that can be changed to reflect new décor or tastes.
All 2m High models are fitted with an accessory zip to enable a netting panel to be fitted to the roof if this is required.